Every font/typeface is a collection of glyphs, each of which represents an individual letter, number, punctuation mark, or other symbol. The shapes that form our familiar alphabet were perfected in roman capitals, and makers and designers have embraced the beauty and emulated the proportions of the best examples. From these stone cut or handwritten origins, generations of craftsmen and type designers have reproduced and remade alphabets.
The weight, proportion, embellishment, style/expression, counter and inter-letter spacing create the characteristic appearance of a typeface. In the making of a text typeface, type shapes are refined and harmonised to ensure that every letter combination is well-balanced to achieve legibility through the clarity of even texture on the page.
The inherent rules for typeface design are constant, even as changing technology drives the making and dissemination of type. New typefaces answer the continuing overriding demand for utility, and a new generation is enthused in using and making.
A typeface is a crucial interface, setting the tone and facilitating engagement and interaction with the message. For CCA Kitakyushu, the best typeface will be clean, modern clear in small type sizes and distinctive in display. The CCArtSans typeface is founded on the principles of Edward Johnston, with the aim of regenerating freshness and individuality.
Format: Opentype font
System requirement: Windows XP, Vista, 7 / Mac OS X 10.2 or later
1. CCA Kitakyushu and Eiichi Kono retain copyright of CCArtSans. This font is released as freeware for personal use and for use by non-profit organizations.
2. Distribution of CCArtSans is strictly Prohibited. This font may not be reverse-engineered without prior written permission.
3. CCA Kitakyushu accepts no liability from the use of the font including, but not limited to, loss of data or failure of any application to recognize the font.
4. By downloading and installing the font you agree to these terms and conditions.
5. CCA Kitakyushu accepts no liability for any loss in the event access to the site is temporarily interrupted or suspended without notice due to system failure, maintenance, repair or for reasons beyond our control.
6. CCA Kitakyushu can not accept responsibility for the content of any site or page linked to once you have left our site.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to future amendments.
This post is also available in: Japanese